Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My doctor diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis
11-04-2013, 11:54 AM
My doctor diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis
My doctor diagnosed me with Ulcerative colitis just last Friday, after doing a flexible sigmoidoscopy. I am 29 years old, with no family history of anything. I passed blood and mucus with my stools, and my stools weren't well formed (loose and watery), plus I had some minor cramps, which are the trademark signs of UC. however, once in a while I noticed my stool was narrower than usual, about the diameter of a penny... while its normally the diameter of a quarter or greater. I would like to know if a slightly thinner stool is normal for Ulcerative Colitis, I did not mention the narrow stool to the doctor because it did not occur to me at the time... isn't narrow stool a sign of colon cancer? i dont recall it being a symptom of colitis, but is it possible that there is more colitis or some blockage, or even a tumor, in the part of my colon where the sigmoidoscope didnt see, or is it a result of simply a soft, loose-formed stool? thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: My doctor diagnosed me with Ulcerative Colitis
In mild ulcerative colitis, patients often present insidiously with intermittent rectal bleeding associated with the passage of mucus, and the development of mild diarrhea with fewer than four small loose stools per day. Mild crampy pain, tenesmus, and periods of constipation are also common.

Change is stool caliber is not characteristic of ulcerative colitis - although it can happen. Due to the contractions of the bowel, people with irritable bowel syndrome may pass long, thin stools. A bowel obstruction from cancer may also shape stool into long, thin ribbons. Another cause would be an anorectal stricture.

Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Her I suggest herbal formula called [url=In mild ulcerative colitis, patients often present insidiously with intermittent rectal bleeding associated with the passage of mucus, and the development of mild diarrhea with fewer than four small loose stools per day. Mild crampy pain, tenesmus, and periods of constipation are also common. Change is stool caliber is not characteristic of ulcerative colitis - although it can happen. Due to the contractions of the bowel, people with irritable bowel syndrome may pass long, thin stools. A bowel obstruction from cancer may also shape stool into long, thin ribbons. Another cause would be an anorectal stricture. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Her I suggest herbal formula called IBD Recovery Series for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. For more information please visit http://www.colitismedicine.com/]IBD Recovery Series[/url] for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. For more information please visit [url=In mild ulcerative colitis, patients often present insidiously with intermittent rectal bleeding associated with the passage of mucus, and the development of mild diarrhea with fewer than four small loose stools per day. Mild crampy pain, tenesmus, and periods of constipation are also common. Change is stool caliber is not characteristic of ulcerative colitis - although it can happen. Due to the contractions of the bowel, people with irritable bowel syndrome may pass long, thin stools. A bowel obstruction from cancer may also shape stool into long, thin ribbons. Another cause would be an anorectal stricture. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case. Her I suggest herbal formula called IBD Recovery Series for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. For more information please visit http://www.colitismedicine.com/]http://w...icine.com/[/url]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply