Prominent Chinese Tuina doctor Zhou Cheng
Dr. Zhou, now aged 55, is a famous Chinese doctor
who has devoted 35 years to the research and clinic practice work
of Chinese Tuina and acupuncture. During the long term practice,
he gradually develops his own styles in treating common diseases,
chronic diseases and complicated diseases, by applying channel and
acupoint Tuina, acupressure and belly needle
treatment skills. Therefore, the rich clinic experience and the
special treatment skills qualify him to be member of Chinese Tuina
Association, member of Chinese Acupuncture Association, member of
Chinese Herbal Medicine Association and member of China Belly Needle
Research Association. In China only several Chinese doctors can
be qualified to become member of so many prominent medical organizations.
Now, he serves as Chinese herbal medicine doctor and director doctor
of Tuina in ChangChou Chinese Massage (Tuina) Hospital.
In early days, Dr. Zhou was apprenticed to famous Chinese Tuina
master Lee Shao Mei, thus laying a very solid foundation for him
to promote and develop the excellent Tuina treatment skills he learnt
from his teacher. In the same time, the gradual clinical exploration and experience accumulation enable him to develop his special channel
and acupoint Tuina treatment skills which can be widely used to
effectively treating neuropathic headache, acute or chronic lumbago
or leg pain, local injury or sprain, infantile diarrhea and other
common diseases belonging to such medical departments as internal
medicine, surgery, gynecology, traumatology and five sense organs.
Also, such massage (Tuina) can be widely used for treating common
problems with athletes or for self health preservation.
With the combination treatment of Chinese Tuina,
acupuncture and belly needle skills, Dr. Zhou
develops full sets of treatment procedure which can be widely used
to treat common chronic diseases such as cervical spondylopathy,
seminal emission, chronic gastritis, neurosism, lumbar intervertebral
disc extrusion, apoplexy, cerebel atrophy, arthritis and so on.
Many patients changed their common viewpoints towards Tuina because
the combination treatment can be very effective in treating many
chronic diseases which are generally deemed as beyond the treatment
scope of Tuina. As of today, many patients with chronic diseases
gained fully recovery and among general people Dr. Zhou is titled
“miracle pressing and masterly grasping” doctor and
gains much respect from all walks of people.
Now, in order to promote the development of such
valuable Chinese medicine branch in the world, Dr. Zhou agrees to
sponsor short-term and long-term classes teaching his Tuina theory
and treatment skills, acupuncture practice, Chinese herbal medicine and cupping treatment methods.
All people in the world who have strong interest in Chinese medicine
are welcome to come and share such knowledge with us.
The following pictures were taken to demonstrate Dr. Zhou's practical clinical practice when he applies his acupuncture and cupping treatment skills. In fact, the combination treatment of Tuina, acupuncture, cupping and Chinese herbal medicine is always the main theme of his treatment sphere and the flexible adoption among them is also the decisive key for successful treatment.
Dr.Zhou is applying acupuncture treatment to a patient with lumbar intervertebral disc protrusion. Most patients receive acupuncture treatment first, then tuina treatment second. 7 to 15 days are needed for fully recovery.
This patient with cervical pain is receiving cupping treatment (Ba Guan) first. Dr. Zhou applies 11 cups to acupoints along the spine.
- Basic theory of channels, acupoints, common
routes of 14 channels, Yin-Yang, five elements, yin-wei-qi-xue,
viscera, causes of illness, four diagnosis methods, eight-principal-syndrome
diagnosis techniques, basic physiology, pathophysiology, pathoanatomy
- Tuina Manipulations Training
Besides the 20 commonly-used manipulation skills we introduced,
students will study other 20 kinds of special manipulation skills.
- Acupoints commonly-used in Tuina treatment
- Common diseases treatment by using Tuina
4-1. Such as headache, insomnia, impotence, apoplexy, lumbago,
epilepsy, general flaccidity syndrome, seminal emission, constipation,
vomit, etc., which belong to internal medicine.
4-2. Such as rheumatoid arthritis, volvulus of the stomach, acute
mastitis, sternocostal chondritis, intestinal adhesion, ascaris
intestinal obstruction, etc., which belong to surgery department.
4-3. Such gynecology diseases as irregular menstruation, leucorrhea,
hysteria, prolapse of uterus, postpartum abdominal pain, fetal
dysphoria, amenorrhea, spontaneous emission, etc.
4-4. Such traumatology diseases as traumatic omarthritis, shoulder
joint adhesion, injury of neck and nape, stiff nack, cervical
spondylosis, tennis elbow, luxation of the elbow joint, tendon
dislocation of the long head, myositis of trapezius muscle, injury
of buttocks, injury of the knee, injury of ankle, etc.
4-5. Such five-sense-organ diseases as tinnitus, myopia, lacrimation,
aphonia, epistaxis, pharyngitis, toothache, bleeding from gum,
4-6. Massage for athletes: prescription for a sound sleep, prescription
for tranquilization, prescription for refreshing, prescription
for eliminating fatigue, prescription for relaxing meridians,
kinnetic tibialgia, traumatic chest and hypochondriae pain, kinetic
4-7. Massage for self-hygiene: relaxing the neck, improving eyesiight,
spreading arms, reinforcing kidney and strengthening Yang, ventilating
the nose, rubbing the abdomen, etc.
4-8. Massage for children.
- Moxibustion basics
- Cupping basics
- Medical Qigong and its application in self treatment and health preservation (meditation essentials, 48 Taoist Yoga movements)
- Acupuncture treatment in combination with Tuina therapy.
October 5, 2012 - November 5, 2012
Students can fly to Jinan airport directly. Jinan airport is located 30 kilometers away from Changchou City. They are also advised to fly to Beijing, Shanghai or other big cities and then take a train heading Jinan. We'd like to offer free pick-up service. Please look for the location illustration of Jinan:
Accommodation and Food Costs:
- Generally, students are advised to rent room in a flat from nearby Chinese living community and such rental stays as CNY 600 per month (water and electricity included).
- Food in our hospital restaurant costs CNY 15 - CNY 40 per day. This should be borned by students themselves and we can help to arrange such affairs.
- Students can also stay in a hotel but the costs may be very high.
The following is the cost list for tuition PLUS accommodation:
- Please use traveller's check, credit card to pay the tuition (please bear 3.9% transaction fee if you plan to use PayPal to pay the cost).
- To know the exchange rate please visit http://coinmill.com/
- Please register us first, the registeration cost is USD 150 (non-refundable and included in the tuition fee)
- Foreign students can teach English in local English-study school and earn USD 300.00 - USD 500.00 per month when they have time. One day teach English 50 - 90 minutes for one class.
- 8:30 am - 11: 30 am (Teaching time)
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Clinical practice time). Stay in clinic and ask questions concerning the class contents taught in last night and ask the question concerning the treatment of each patient. In the same time practice the skills upon patients.
- One week we rest one day.
At beginning, we will use more time teaching
- Different basic tuina manipulation skills upon points located in the posterior aspect of body: head, cervical region, upper back, lumbar region, hip, leg, foot heel.
- Different basic tuina manipulation skills upon points located in the anterior aspect of body: head, facial region, chest and rib cage, abdominal region, medial aspect of thigh, femurian region, fibian and tibian region, dorsal aspect of the feet, etc.
- Basic theory of channels, the commonly-used acupoints distributed along the common routes of 14 channels, the location and indication and puncture method and tuina method for each point.
- 42 magic acupoints. They are the result of long time clinical experience accummulation by Dr. Zhou. They cannot be found in any acupuncture books. They are very useful for medical practitioners.
- Treating many common diseases and complicated diseases by applying tuina and acupuncture, and it depends upon how long time the students study here.
Textbooks Used for Study and Teaching
Chinese Therapeutic Methods of Acupoints (Around 400 pages)
Illustration of Composed Acupoints in Acupuncture-Moxibustion Use
(Around 400 pages)
Illustration of Tuina Manipulation
(Around 200 pages)
Notes: All textbooks are in both English and Chinese, very useful and convenient for foreign students to study. Among them the book Chinese Therapeutic Methods of Acupoints is provided for free.
Please click the following button to register the Tuina workshop scheduled during October 5, 2012 - November 5, 2012. The registration fee is USD 150 (non-refundable).
Let's together promote this ancient Chinese healing
art in the world. For more information please feel free to contact Dr. Zhanglie
Chinese Tuina (TCM) Hospital
ChangChou, Jinan, Shandong Province, China 321503
Email: Dr. ZhangLie