October 5 -November 5 2012 Tuina Workshops
held in ChangChou Tuina (TCM)
ChangChou Tuina (TCM) Hospital is
located in ChangChou City, 40 kilometers east of Jinan, the capital of Shandong Province.
Formerly it was called by local people as ChangChou
Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital. Just because the Tuina department
is very famous and many patients come to receive such treatment
that general people call it as ChangChou Tuina Hospital. At present,
it boasts herbal medicine department, tunia department, acupuncture
department, internal medicine department, etc.
Just under the guidance by Dr. Zhou Cheng Zhi
the hospital becomes famous for the Tuina treatment. In fact, tuina
is an acupuncture treatment
without needle. Yet, in combination with needle acupunture treatment
and herbal ointment or medicine it can widely be used to treat most
of common chronic diseases such as cervical spondylopathy, seminal
emission, chronic gastritis, neurosism, lumbar intervertebral disc
extrusion, apoplexy, cerebel atrophy, arthritis and so on. Only
see by eyes people can believe in such statement. So, even though
tuina plays an very important role, the combination treatment with
acupuncture, herbal medicine are often introduced to treat chronic
Tuina has the same mechanism as acupuncture. Through
different manipulations, Tuina can dredge meridians
and collaterals, normalize Yin-Yang relationship, harmonize nutrient
system and immune system, rectify vital energy and blood, regulate
parenchymatous and hollow viscera and so on. In Tuina therapy, the
acupoints array chosing techniques and manipulations are very important.
After 35 years of clinical experience, Dr. Zhou mastered a full
set of complicated manipulation skills which can bring surprising
treatment effects for many common diseases and chronic illness.
In today's China more and more native traditions gradually disappear
during the modernization tide. Yet, as like acupuncture booming
in Western world, we hope we can bring Chinese Tuina, one of the
ancient healing art, to the world.
Theory teaching classes are to be held in combination
with intern in the tuina department in order to quicken the knowledge
assimilation process. Foreign students can choose to stay in local
2- or 3-star hotel or rent a house for long-term study. English
curriculum textbooks are provided with the teaching course.
Generally we provide the following studying course:
- Basic theory of channels, acupoints, common
routes of 14 channels, Yin-Yang, five elements, yin-wei-qi-xue,
viscera, causes of illness, four diagnosis methods, eight-principal-syndrome
diagnosis techniques, basic physiology, pathophysiology, pathoanatomy
- Tuina Manipulations Training
Besides the 20 commonly-used manipulation skills we introduced,
students will study other 20 kinds of special manipulation skills.
- Acupoints commonly-used in Tuina treatment
- Common diseases treatment by using Tuina
4-1. Such as headache, insomnia, impotence, apoplexy, lumbago,
epilepsy, general flaccidity syndrome, seminal emission, constipation,
vomit, etc., which belong to internal medicine.
4-2. Such as rheumatoid arthritis, volvulus of the stomach, acute
mastitis, sternocostal chondritis, intestinal adhesion, ascaris
intestinal obstruction, etc., which belong to surgery department.
4-3. Such gynecology diseases as irregular menstruation, leucorrhea,
hysteria, prolapse of uterus, postpartum abdominal pain, fetal
dysphoria, amenorrhea, spontaneous emission, etc.
4-4. Such traumatology diseases as traumatic omarthritis, shoulder
joint adhesion, injury of neck and nape, stiff nack, cervical
spondylosis, tennis elbow, luxation of the elbow joint, tendon
dislocation of the long head, myositis of trapezius muscle, injury
of buttocks, injury of the knee, injury of ankle, etc.
4-5. Such five-sense-organ diseases as tinnitus, myopia, lacrimation,
aphonia, epistaxis, pharyngitis, toothache, bleeding from gum,
4-6. Massage for athletes: prescription for a sound sleep, prescription
for tranquilization, prescription for refreshing, prescription
for eliminating fatigue, prescription for relaxing meridians,
kinnetic tibialgia, traumatic chest and hypochondriae pain, kinetic
4-7. Massage for self-hygiene: relaxing the neck, improving eyesiight,
spreading arms, reinforcing kidney and strengthening Yang, ventilating
the nose, rubbing the abdomen, etc.
4-8. Massage for children.
- Moxibustion basics
- Cupping basics
- Medical Qigong and its application in self healing and health preservation (meditation essentials, 48 Taoist Yoga movements ).
October 5, 2012 - November 5, 2012
Students can fly to Jinan airport directly. Jinan airport is located 30 kilometers away from Changchou City. They are also advised to fly to Beijing, Shanghai or other big cities and then take a train heading Jinan. We'd like to offer free pick-up service. Please look for the location illustration of Jinan:
Accommodation and Food Costs:
- Generally, students are advised to rent room in a flat from nearby Chinese living community and such rental stays as CNY 600 per month (water and electricity included).
- Food in our hospital restaurant costs CNY 15 - CNY 40 per day. This should be borned by students themselves and we can help to arrange such affairs.
- Students can also stay in a hotel but the costs may be very high.
The following is the cost list for tuition PLUS accommodation :
- Please use traveller's check, credit card to pay the tuition (please bear 3.9% transaction fee if you plan to use PayPal to pay the cost).
- To know the exchange rate please visit http://coinmill.com/
- Please register us first, the registeration cost is USD 150 (non-refundable and included in the tuition fee)
- Foreign students can teach English in local English-study school and earn USD 300.00 - USD 500.00 per month when they have time. One day teach English 50 - 90 minutes for one class.
- 8:30 am - 11: 30 am (Teaching time)
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Clinical practice time). Stay in clinic and ask questions concerning the class contents taught in last night and ask the question concerning the treatment of each patient. In the same time practice the skills upon patients.
- One week we rest one day.
At beginning, we will use more time teaching
- Different basic tuina manipulation skills upon points located in the posterior aspect of body: head, cervical region, upper back, lumbar region, hip, leg, foot heel.
- Different basic tuina manipulation skills upon points located in the anterior aspect of body: head, facial region, chest and rib cage, abdominal region, medial aspect of thigh, femurian region, fibian and tibian region, dorsal aspect of the feet, etc.
- Basic theory of channels, the commonly-used acupoints distributed along the common routes of 14 channels, the location and indication and puncture method and tuina method for each point.
- 42 magic acupoints. They are the result of long time clinical experience accummulation by Dr. Zhou. They cannot be found in any acupuncture books. They are very useful for medical practitioners.
- Treating many common diseases and complicated diseases by applying tuina and acupuncture, and it depends upon how long time the students study here.
Textbooks Used for Study and Teaching
Chinese Therapeutic Methods of Acupoints (Around 400 pages)
Illustration of Composed Acupoints in Acupuncture-Moxibustion Use
(Around 400 pages)
Illustration of Tuina Manipulation
(Around 200 pages)
Notes: All textbooks are in both English and Chinese, very useful and convenient for foreign students to study. Among them the book Chinese Therapeutic Methods of Acupoints is provided for free.
Please click the following button to register the Tuina workshop scheduled during October 5, 2012 - November 5, 2012. The registration fee is USD 150 (non-refundable).
Let's together promote this ancient Chinese healing
art in the world. For more information please feel free to contact
Chinese Tuina (TCM) Hospital
ChangChou, Jinan, Shandong Province, China 321503
Email: Dr. ZhangLie