Cerebral atrophy is a common feature of many of the diseases that affect the brain. Atrophy of any tissue means loss of cells. In brain tissue, atrophy describes a loss of neurons and the connections between them. Read More
Treatment for Brain Atrophy & Dementia
1. TreatmentIn the majority of cases dementia is incurable. Researchers are making inroads into treatments that may slow down dementia's progress. Cholinestaerase inhibitors are frequently administered during the early stages. Cognitive and behavioral therapies may also be useful. Several studies have found that music therapy helps patients with dementia. It is important to remember that the patient's caregiver also needs training and emotional support.
In the USA, Tacrine (Cognex), donepezil (Aricept), galantamine (Razadyne), and rivastigmine (Exelon) have been approved for the treatment of dementia caused by Alzheimer's disease - some physicians prescribe these drugs for vascular dementia as well. Selegiline, which is used for treating Parkinson's disease, has been found to slow down the progress of dementia.
In Canada, a country where two languages are spoken, English and French, researchers found that bilingual people who develop dementia do so four years later than monolingual people who develop dementia. The four year difference prevails even after factoring for such variables as cultural differences, education, employment, gender and immigration.
2. Western Treatment ApproachesDementia is not a condition in and of itself, but rather describes particular symptoms that affect intellectual and social capabilities. Many forms of dementia exist, with Alzheimer's disease being the most prevalent. Changes in the brain can cause a number of symptoms including memory loss, impaired judgment or language, significant personality changes and confusion.
Drugs like Aricept, Exelon and Razadyne increase levels of chemical substances in the brain that are linked to memory and judgment. They are mainly used to treat Alzheimer's disease but are sometimes effective for other forms of dementia like vascular, Parkinson's and Lewy Body. Possible side effects are nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Memantine treats dementia by acting on glutamate, a chemical involved in all aspects of brain activity including learning and memory. Research indicates that a combination therapy of Namenda and a cholinesterase inhibitor can increase effectiveness. Dizziness is the most prevalent side effect.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish and nuts, are necessary for proper brain function. Two types in particular, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), can help reduce risk of heart disease, stroke, dementia and mental decline, and the FDA has approved the advertisement of these qualified health claims on packaging for these supplements. Do not take more than 3 grams total of these fatty acids daily.
Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10
Research is mixed on whether vitamin E can slow the advancement of Alzheimer's disease. Large doses can be dangerous and can increase the risk of bleeding, making it a potentially dangerous treatment for people taking blood-thinners. Coenzyme Q10 is necessary for normal cell functioning. Coenzyme Q10 has not been studied specifically for dementia, but a synthetic version called idebenone was studied, and did not show good results.
Gingko and Huperzine A
Gingko is a popular herbal treatment with a long history of use for improving mental functioning, particularly memory. Recent research indicates no benefit for these conditions. Gingko can interfere with blood-thinning medications.
3. Herbal Medicine: Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill SeriesBrain Atrophy Recovery Pill Series are herbal medicine series used widely in China to treat brain atrophy and dementia. It can enrich kidney and spleen, fortify brain and generate marrow, supplement the deficiency of kidney and liver, rectify cerebral arteriosclerosis, cerebral infarction and brain hypovolemia.Used for treating brain atrophy with symptoms of dementia as changes in mood, personality or behavior, difficulty with judgment or abstract thinking, difficulty with memory, thinking, talking, comprehension, writing or reading, disorientation, learning impairments. blurred or double vision, difficulty producing or understanding speech (aphasia), Impaired balance and coordination, localized weakness, loss of sensation, or paralysis.
3-1. Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill
【Composition】 Niu Da Li, Red Ginseng,Wu Zhi Mao Tao, Fu Fang Teng, Cistanche Stem, Cornus Fruit, Finet's clematis, Notoginseng root,etc.
【Action and Indication】 Enrich kidney and spleen, fortify brain and generate marrow, supplement the deficiency of kidney and liver, rectify cerebral arteriosclerosis, cerebral infarction and brain hypovolemia.Used for treating brain atrophy with symptoms of dementia as changes in mood, personality or behavior, difficulty with judgment or abstract thinking, difficulty with memory, thinking, talking, comprehension, writing or reading, disorientation, learning impairments. blurred or double vision, difficulty producing or understanding speech (aphasia), Impaired balance and coordination, localized weakness, loss of sensation, or paralysis.
【Quantity】 5g / pill
【Dosage】 2 pills one time, 3 times daily. One month constitute one treatment course and 180 pills are in need for one treatment course.
【Price】180 pills cost USD 199.00
【Caution】 The patient must have in the past without cerebral hemorrhage reaction. Otherwise using our medicine is dangerous. Also, very very high blood pressure is a concern. First time taking the medicine, try 1 pill one time, 3 times daily for 3 to 5 days.
【Attention】 No spicy food, no wine, no tea, no fried, greasy, food below room temperature. Taking the medicine orally 60 minutes to 30 minutes before the meal. Stop taking the medicine when getting a cold.
【NOTE 1 】 Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill is the primary medicine used for treating brain atrophy and dementia. But sometimes due to the complicated conditions for some part of patients the assistant medicines of 5 kinds are needed. Please contact our doctor for proper diagnosis first.
【NOTE 2 】 When there is no improvement after taking Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill one month please change to take the following Brain Awakening and Reconstituting Pill.
【NOTE 3 】 To know the exact effect of this medicine please read testimonials
To order one month supply of Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill: 180 pills - at the cost of USD 199.00 and international air postage included---please click the "Buy Now" button below:
3-2. Brain Awakening and Reconstituting Pill
【Composition】 Shi Chang Pu, Dan Nan Xing, Jiang Chan, Bing Pian, Shi JueMing, Zhen Zhu, Di Long, Tian Ma, Xi Xin, Hong Shen, Huang Qi, etc. Altogether 36 kinds of herbs. herbs
【Indications】dissipate phlegm, eliminate wind, activating collaterals. Used for treating confused state of mind, aphasia, renal deficiency, bones and muscles aching pain, herbal medicineextremity spasm, hemiplegia
【Dosage】 One pill each time, two or three times daily.
【Quantity】 8g / pill. 90 pills are needed for one month supply.
【Price】 One month supply costs USD 189
【Attention】 No spicy food, no wine, no tea, no fried, greasy, and food below room temperature. Taking the medicine orally 60 minutes to 30 minutes before the meal. Stop taking the medicine when getting a cold.
To order one month supply of Brain Awakening and Reconstituting Pill (90 pills) at the cost of USD 189 (international air postage included) please click the "Buy Now" button below:
3-3. Brain Atrophy Pill (180 pills) plus Brain Awakening and Reconstituting Pill (20 pills)
Please take the Brain Atrophy Recovery Pill (180 pills) for 30 days (for adults only, for children it varies) and then use 6-7 days to take the Brain Awakening and Reconstituting Pill (20 pills). The total cost is at USD 209 (international air postage included). Such version is applicable for patients who already have taken Brain Atrophy Pill lasting for 3 to 4 months. Please click the following "Buy Now" button to place an order.
3-4. Extra Shipping Charge for Urgent Delivery via China Post.
People who demand urgent delivery via China Post are welcome to pay USD 17 for the extra shipping charge. In most cases, within 7 -15 days customers can receive their order. Please click the following "Buy Now" button to pay for such service.
4. Mailing Address is:
ChaoYang TCM Brain Atrophy Treatment Hospital
302-5 Friendship Street, Shuangta District,
Chaoyang, Liaoning Province, China
Tel: 0086-133-8689-0186 (foreign)
5. Warranty and Disclaimer
1. We keep our warranty as regard to the quality of our medicine and the description as to the function of all our medicine. And we have the obligation to refund the payment if there is any unconformity.
2. Whenever such things happen as the mail package got lost during delivery, we shall refund the money or re-mail the package as requested by customer after verifying it with post office. For refund please first contact us for details regarding how to return the ordered products and we will refund the payment once upon receiving the intact products returned.